Romantic, Luxury Accommodation unsurpassed in the Blue Mountains – Welcome to Omaroo Lodge, Katoomba
Step out of your daily routine and into a luxurious castle above the clouds.
Omaroo Lodge is a fully self-contained luxury retreat like no other in the Mountains. It is set out over five levels, built high on a ridge with sweeping views down into the Megalong Valley. Its unique mud-brick construction gives the building a substantial sense of fluidity, and – like castle walls – it has cosy nooks, window seats and a traditional wood-fired oven in the kitchen and full height wood-fired stove in the living area.
For the ultimate romantic tryst, climb the spiral staircase to the very top of the house to reach the loft, with its high ceiling and private balcony – the silhouette of the horizon and views into the valley.
Omaroo Lodge Design
Earthy tones, and a range of beautifully textured natural materials, timber, stone and iron are combined at Omaroo Lodge with vaulted ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows.
Set on a one acre landscape, the house flows naturally from indoor semi circular living room to outdoor spa and native garden.
With an outlook of natural rainforest greens, luminous native greys, lush green hanging swamps and mosses, the lean white trunks of the gums, and vivid blue skies and cloudscapes not to mention the luxury, design and interior comfort, it comes as no surprise that Omaroo Lodge was awarded a Master Builder’s Association Award in 1991 when it was built.
Omaroo Lodge is only minutes away from both Katoomba and Leura villages, offering lovely boutiques, cafes, art galleries, antique shops and gourmet dining.
Omaroo Lodge Features
- Unique architect-designed home built over five levels.
- Located on the edge of the National Reserve with magnificent panoramic views and lush garden outlooks from every window
- Luxurious five bedroom cottage with two king beds, two queens and two king singles in the bedrooms and a double sofa bed in a living area.
- A spiral staircase leads up to a bedroom loft with its own balcony and spectacular views
- Three bathrooms – two ensuites and the main bathroom with a large two person spa
- Vaulted cathedral timber ceilings
- Gourmet kitchen, with wood burning cooking oven, microwave and espresso coffee maker
- A spacious entertainment patio
- A hydrotherapy Jacuzzi hot tub accommodating up to 8 people
- Central heating
- Slow combustion wood fire heater – firewood supplied
- Under floor heating in main bedroom
- Warm northern aspect
- Non-smoking environment
- Air conditioning in the living area
- Wireless Internet
- Foxtel and NBN
- LCD television, stereo system, DVD, CD player
- Quality bed linens and towels
- Designer laundry appliances
- Direct access to cliff top and valley paths
- Views of the Megalong Valley, Nellies Glen, the Six Foot Track, Radiata Plateau and Cahill’s Lookout
- Accommodates up to 12 people
To book online, please check availability at the top of this page. For full confirmation, a deposit of 50% of the tariff is requested. Through payment of the deposit, you confirm, that you have read and accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ for accommodation with Gettes Place. The balance is requested one week before arrival, by direct deposit or by credit card.
Direct deposit or credit card (MasterCard or VISA).
For security purposes, a credit card authorisation for $500 is requested, prior to occupancy.
Cancellation must be made seven full days prior to check in, for a 50% refund. If we are able to re-let the cottage, the full deposit will be refunded, less a $50 administration fee.
Complete the bookings form, or call 02 9133 1488 or 0481 390 685 for Booking enquiries. (Site Manager: 0481 390 685)